Friday, January 29, 2016

Passing the Torch

In all probability, this is my last post for What's On PRIME Now? The reason is simple: after 2-1/2 years running the Netflix blog and ten months overseeing this one, I'm feeling a bit blogged out. I also recently found myself experiencing an acute case of media overload, compelling me to cut back on my streaming options—first by canceling Netflix in November, then Amazon Prime earlier this month. The latter decision had nothing to do with any disenchantment with Prime, whose catalog and creative choices remain impressive, but simply because my subscription was up and I found that Hulu fulfills most of my entertainment cravings (which was highly unlikely only a few months ago).

So, as of February 1, I will no longer be the point man for all things Prime. I'll be over at Hulu, watching old episodes of Route 66 and The Dick Cavett Show.

Thank you, everyone, for your contributions and feedback over the past year, and for making this still very exclusive corner of the web one of your regular stops. I hope you'll continue to check in, add to the lists and conversation, and treat your new Master of Ceremonies with the same enthusiasm and respect you did me. There are still very few places to find the type of crowd-sourced info that What's On PRIME Now? specializes in, so I hope this site will continue to grow and be a singular voice in the Prime-watching community.

Until we meet again, happy streaming!

David

4 comments:

David Speranza said...

Thanks, Wellesley72. Your presence here has been a real boon to the site, and I hope you'll continue to participate in the future.

Sturge said...

Thank you for taking the time that you did. It was much appreciated!

Sho 'Nuff said...

Thank you both!

Sho 'Nuff said...

This blog still alive? I hope so!